World First Innovation
How Sterimelt could help your organisation.
- Sterimelt recycles and recovers single use disposable plastic polypropylene sterilisation tray wraps and drapes, commonly used in hospital operating theatres.
- Sterimelt reduces the volume of wraps and drapes by up to 85%, using controlled patented thermal technology to melt the sheets into a solid block of polypropylene plastic.
- The solid polypropylene blocks can be re-introduced into the UK plastic supply chain for use in plastic manufacturing of new components.
- Sterimelt operates on a 3-phase electrical supply, is manually hand fed, has no moving parts and is a one “push button” start operation.
- Sterimelt is constructed from stainless steel and can work indoors or out.
- Sterimelt requires ventilation to atmosphere.
- Sterimelt can process approx 20kg of loose wraps/drapes per cycle.
- Each cycle takes circa 1hr and 20 minutes.
Sterimelt improves Environmental Credentials;
- Sterimelt enhances reductions in transportation by maximising payloads and reducing vehicle movements which in turn improves sustainability and reduces carbon footprint.
Please get in touch here to find out more.